The Academy has established the most comprehensive and demanding certification program in equine dentistry. Our goal is to have educated graduates that have a strong foundation in all aspects of equine dentistry.
Prior to attempting certification as a dental technician, students must have solid understanding of all material presented in the 100-300 level classes.
Requirements for attempting certification:
- Completion of 100-300 level courses
- Completion of 100 Anatomy course - can be taken at any level
- Completion of a minimum of 100 hours working with an Academy Certified Equine Dental Technician - does not have to be undertaken in one block.
Additional Documents Required before attempting certification:
( Must be in office PRIOR to Class)
- Notice to the Office of Intent to Certify by Letter, Phone, or Email with a deposit fee of $150.00.
- Acceptance letter from the Academy granting permission to certify at a given class.
- Signed Letter of Assessment of Competence from an Academy Certified Equine Dental Technician in good standing stating he/she believes you are ready to attempt certification.
- Signed letters of competence and good practice from two veterinarians.
-Minimum of 25 documented case histories of incisor realignment - copies only - Post PG-2 level dental courses - including names, addresses and phone numbers.
-Minimum of 100 documented case histories - copies only - Post PG-2 level dental courses - including names, addresses and phone numbers
-Satisfactory completion of the written and practical examinations
Required certification documents are to be in the Academy office on or before first day of class!
Upon passing the certification requirements, students must attend continuing education courses every 18 months in order to keep their certification current. Certified technicians who fail to stay abreast of changes in equine dentistry will lose their certification status through the Academy.